At Northstar, professional development is an integral and ongoing part of an educator’s life. We are one of the leading schools in the country in providing incredible learning opportunities for our educators.
The Northstar Institute is the Professional Development arm of The Northstar School.
The Institute incorporates professional development needs at different levels of the organisation.
- Individual goals
- Department/team goals
- School goals
Northstar Institute organises workshops and training programs throughout the year. Our primary focus is the growth and development of Northstar employees. Apart from workshops for teachers, we conduct programs for Northstar parents.
We also design and conduct workshops for teachers of other schools and universities.
Our workshops generally fall under one of the following:
- Pedagogy: Any program with an objective of enhancement of teaching-learning methodology.
- Domain/subject: Any program with the objective of enhancement of domain specific content or domain specific skills (i.e. languages, sciences, mathematics, etc) knowledge.
- ICT: Any program that aims to enhance technology/ICT skills.
- Language/ESL: Any program that aims to enhance your language skills in English.
- Leadership/soft skills: Any program with the objective of enhancement of soft skills and leadership skills.